The Governing Council will be formed by the Rector / to the Rector and four representatives of the UIB; the Minister / Minister of Education and the University and three representatives of the Ministry of Education and University (CEU); a representative of the ministry with specific expertise in research and development and director / director of Irie, who acts as secretary, with voice but no vote.
The functions of the Governing Board
- Ratify the agreements that may sign Irie
- Approve the budget and annual accounts for the Irie, presented the proposal of the director
- Approve the annual objectives and activities of the Institute
- Approve its annual report
- Rector of the UIB propose to the appointment and relief of director / director of the Deputy Director / Deputy Director and the Secretary / Secretary, according to the legislation still in force
- Ratify the criteria relating to the constitution of dynamic areas and research groups and the recognition of the condition of personal researcher Irie
- Approve the regulations of the Institute, in accordance with the proposal of the Board of the Institute
- Approving the assignment or termination of investigators / researchers and research groups / as proposed by the Board of the Institute. For this, we need an absolute majority of the Governing Council
- Periodically evaluate the research and teaching of Irie, through the help of external audits and implement its recommendations when it considers appropriate
- Those duties that the University statute allocates to the university institutes council, where applicable
- All other questions and issues that affect the operation of Irie.