Extraordinary call for research grants.
About the Observatory
The Institute for Educational Research and Innovation is aware of the important work of the research groups that make it up and the need to support it. In addition, and with the aim of promoting the research activity of the group, once the creation stage is over, it wants to start the process of consolidating the Institute as a single entity that works in a coordinated way for the improvement. of the educational system of the Balearic Islands.
That is why it proposes an extraordinary call for research grants, aimed at supporting consolidated research groups for the application of national and international projects, for the incorporation and / or promotion of work networks and, also, for the transfer or publication of the results of their research.
- The total amount of the call is 7.000 euros for all grants.
- The consolidated research groups attached to the IRIE may be presented.
- Each group will be able to access a maximum of two grants.
- The actions that may receive financial aid are:
1. Preparation of projects for state or regional competitive calls to be submitted through the IRIE: trips for preparatory scientific meetings.
2. Expenses derived from the execution of competitive projects already granted: travel, photocopies, computer equipment, methodological advice, etc. It will also be possible to complete the financial aid that, eventually, will not be covered in the financing of the awarded project.
3. Transfer of knowledge in projects completed during 2018: translations, co-financing for scientific publications, co-financing for publication of materials, etc.
- In all cases, the proposals must be justified, with the specification of objectives, duration (in the case of travel) and budget.
How to apply for grants
The call will remain open from the day of publication on the IRIE website until April 5, 2019 inclusive. The application will be formalized in two steps:
- Fill in the following form.
- Download, fill in and send on paper to the IRIE the "Application document"which you will find at the end of the same form. It is important that both the person responsible for the application and the Principal Investigator of the research group sign this document for it to be valid.
The application submitted must consist of the following sections:
- Title of the proposal and specification of the activities to be carried out
- Calendar forecast
- Expenditure forecast
- List of researchers who will take part
Evaluation and selection of applications
A commission, made up of the Vice-Rector for Research and Postgraduate Studies; the Vice-Rector for Cultural Projection and the Open University, both members of the IRIE Governing Council, and the Director of the Research Support Office will evaluate the applications and decide on the grants in each case.
Given the budget of the specific action and the financial availability resulting from the total number of grants required, the commission reserves the right to adjust the amounts awarded to each project.
The resolution of this call will be published on the IRIE website and will be communicated by e-mail to applicants.
In the resolution of the concessions priority will be given to:
- The fact that the reference project has been requested and managed through the IRIE
- The degree of adequacy of the proposal to the aims and objectives of the IRIE.
- The difficulties of financing the proposal.
- Participation in the proposal of other research groups or organizations.
- The impact of the actions and results associated with the proposal.
- The incorporation in the composition of the members of the gender dimension in research.
Obligations of beneficiaries
Beneficiaries of the aid must accept the grant and comply with the deadlines and requirements established in the call.
The beneficiary also undertakes to include in the promotional materials, research or other results linked to the concession, which has had the support of the Institute for Educational Research and Innovation and, if possible, include the institutional image of the IRIE.
The documentary justification of the subsidized expenses will be made in accordance with the provisions of Regulatory Agreement 11216 of December 17, 2014.
If the subsidized activities are not duly justified, the beneficiaries undertake to return the financial aid granted.
The IRIE reserves the right to request, at any time during the procedure, and if necessary, additional documentation.