It is the participation body of the members of the Institute for Educational Research and Innovation (IRIE). It is chaired by the director and formed by the coordinators of each research area, the deputy director and the secretary of the IRIE, who also acts as secretary of this body. Each area also has a number of representative researchers, with a voice but no vote. The Council of the Institute approves the number of representatives that must have each area, that will be able to vary according to the characteristics of each one.
The functions of the Council of the Institute are to propose to the Governing Council, through the director:
- The development of IRIE agreements
- The IRIE budget and annual accounts
- The objectives and the annual program of activities of the IRIE and the evaluation of its development
- The assignment, termination or termination of research staff and research groups of the Institute
- The general rules for the selection and hiring of staff
- A trio of researchers to appoint the director of the IRIE