The 29 2019 day of April of XNUMX took place, at the University of Barcelona, the first meeting of heads of institutes of educational research in Spain. The objective of the meeting was to establish the bases for constituting, officially, a state network of research institutes in education (Network of Institutes of Research in Education).
- Dr. Antonio Bartolomé, director of the 'Institute for Research in Education (IRE) of the University of Barcelona, who acted as the host of the day.
- Dr. Jesús Salinas, director of the 'Institute for Research and Educational Innovation (IRIE) of the University of the Balearic Islands.
- Dr. Moisès Esteban Guitart, director of the "Institute for Educational Research (IRE) of the University of Girona.
- The Dra. María José Rodríguez Conde, director of the University Institute of Educational Sciences (IUCE) of the University of Salamanca (iuce.usal.es)
- In addition to these participants, Dr. Ana María Porto Castro, director of the Institute of Educational Sciences (ICE) of the University of Santiago de Compostela, followed the meeting by videoconferencing.
- Dr. Carlos Marcelo, from the Instituto Interuniversitario Andaluz de Investigación Educativa, and Dr. Emilio Álvarez Arregui, director of the 'Institute for Research and Educational Innovation (INIE) of the University of Oviedo, also invited, could not attend and excuse their absence of the meeting.
The objectives of the network are to help promote the presence of the institutes, in order to improve the recognition and the scientific and social impact of research in education.
One of the first activities planned for the new collaboration structure is the International Congress on Research in Education, iRED'19, organized by the IRE of the University of Barcelona, with the collaboration of the rest of the institutes of the Network. The iRED'19 will be held in Barcelona on 4 and 5 in November of 2019.