INNOVATIVE PRACTICES IN THE EDUCATION SYSTEM AND GOOD TEACHING PRACTICES
CALL FOR THE CREATION OF PROJECT RESEARCH AND DEFINITION GROUP
Description and orientation
This call is part of the project of the Institute for Educational Research and Innovation (IRIE) to "carry out a research project with the participation of most consolidated groups" and focuses on the research axis " Innovative practices in the educational system and good practices of teachers ». In this context, the purpose of the call is to create a research group in which members of the various consolidated groups of the Institute participate, who can carry out an analysis study. and systematization of educational and organizational practices implemented in the Balearic Islands, around active methodologies and their impact on the reduction of early school leaving and the growth of school success.
The need to promote improvements in the education system of the Balearic Islands, pointed out by a multitude of indicators and reports, is a general concern. Educational, social, political and citizen entities and organizations promote actions of various kinds in order to alleviate this situation. In recent times we have seen how the educational community has generated a proposal to change the education system of the Balearic Islands and has developed the Pact for Education of the Balearic Islands (document Islands for an Educational Pact and Strategic Lines and Priority Action Proposals); proposals have also been generated from the Administration, as the Ministry of Education and University has recently prepared the document Towards educational success. Lines of action 2015-2019. Document for educational debate. Finally, teachers and research staff working in the world of education also see this situation with concern; An example of this is the recent reports and research carried out on this topic: IRIE Report: Analysis of indicators for educational success in the Balearic Islands (IAEA). The bases of the project (2015), PAPE report: The initial training of teachers of Infant and Primary Education in the Balearic Islands. State of the art and proposals for improvement. [UdMO1]
The purpose of these actions is to increase equity and increase educational success, making them extensible to all citizens. The project presented by the IRIE must serve to contribute elements to the debate that has been generated around the world, and also in the Balearic Islands, around the causes of the signs of exhaustion that the school model presents. This project will provide elements to build alternatives that allow us to overcome the current model, excessively bureaucratized and poorly adaptable to specific cases, in order to move to another system, based on a scientific and humanistic conception of education, away from mercantilism which has made training a marketed product, which can be bought or sold.
One of the priorities for overcoming the traditional school paradigm is to overcome the teaching situation, preferably based on the transmission of knowledge and also on isolated classroom innovations; on the contrary, we propose collective projects that, starting from situated, local and rooted contexts, create new ways of teaching, learning, evaluating and living education.
To contribute to the reflection and to support the process of change, one of the axes of the Project focuses on the improvement of teaching in the centers, so that it supports the creative and reflective process that leads to processes of transformative innovation of the practice. educational in the center.
This requires a profound and systematic methodological change in teaching practices. In line with these projects, a learning approach is needed that supports each student in individual and social development, the achievement of skills for lifelong learning, creativity and entrepreneurship. These aspects are dealt with by the research axis of Innovative Practices in the educational system and good practices of teachers.
Context in which the research will take place
The study is expected to be carried out in the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands. The study focuses on a first global analysis of the results of schools and the deepening of educational and organizational practices of schools in a small area of the territory, which serves as a pilot study, in order to, and in function of the obtained results, to be able to give continuity and to extrapolate the study to the rest of the territory.
Therefore, it is intended to have a vision in terms of educational innovation, the work done by schools primarily during Compulsory Basic Education, and without excluding, if deemed necessary for the development of the project, the other stages.
Purpose and purpose of the proposal
The purpose of the project is to provide knowledge and tools that can contribute to the success of the education system of the Balearics and, consequently, to the reduction of school dropout and failure.
This purpose involves the achievement of the following knowledge objectives:
a) To identify the educational centers of the Balearic Islands that show a high level of efficiency. It is a question of answering the following question: Which are the educational centers of the Balearics highly effective?
b) Identify the main characteristics of these centers. That is: What are the most notable features of the most effective centers?
c) Identify the practices of the most effective centers. The question to be answered is: What are the didactic and / or organizational practices that identify the personality of these centers and what, consequently, are the foundations of their success?
On the other hand, the project must foresee the following objective, oriented to the action and the diffusion of the results:
- Creation of a repertoire of good didactic-organizational practices of effective centers.
The present call refers to the execution of the project to study and analyze the educational and organizational practices of the centers of compulsory basic education of the Balearic Islands.
A global project with a duration of three years must be submitted. This project must have a timing for each of the years. The principal investigator undertakes to send a follow-up report each year, which will be evaluated in order to provide continuity.
The proposal must be presented annually and must be consistent with the objectives and tasks planned for each year.
The first annuity will be linked to the award of the project. The second and third annuities will be conditional on the presentation - and approval by the IRIE - of a follow-up report, which must be submitted within the deadline required for this purpose.
At the end of this first phase of the study, the following must be submitted:
- An analysis of school data in order to identify innovative centers.
- A study and a qualitative analysis that identifies the good practices that these centers carry out.
Financing and budget
For the execution of the study there is a total of 15.000 euros (divided into three annuities of 5.000 euros each), which must be distributed as follows:
For the realization of this project it is foreseen that, in function of the disposed quantities and of the needs of execution of the project, the IRIE contribute to co-finance the expenses.
Administrative documentation, dates, templates to be submitted
- Economic memory (annex 1)
- Abbreviated CV of the members of the research group
Presentation and deadline
The deadline for applications is from October 25 to November 9, 2018, both inclusive.
Project evaluation criteria
Once the deadline for submitting applications has passed, the IRIE will check that they meet the requirements for admission, as well as that they are in line with the objectives of the call. Proposals will only be subject to evaluation if they pass this test. In case of formal errors or lack of any document, the IRIE may ask the applicant to amend them, provided that they do not affect objectives or the work plan of the project.
These are the requirements:
- The principal investigator must be a member of the staff of the University of the Balearic Islands and of a consolidated group of the IRIE.
- The equal composition of the work team. In accordance with the commitment of the IRIE and the University of the Balearic Islands to Law 11/2016, of 28 July, on equality between women and men, it will be assessed that the projects presented take into account the dimension of gender in research. For the evaluation of the projects, the commission will take into account the Self-assessment guide for incorporating the gender perspective into research, available on the IRIE website
The following will be taken into account:
- From the research team:
○ The participation of members of different research groups belonging to the IRIE.
○ The incorporation of external research staff of recognized prestige in the field of research.
○ The incorporation of professionals from the education sector from the innovative centers themselves, from the application of active methodologies and from the associated groups.
○ CV of the participants.
○ Work group experience.
- From the project:
○ Suitability of the project presented with axis 2 (Innovative practices in the educational system and good teaching practices) of the IRIE integrative project
○ Adequacy to the budget
○ Presentation of all documentation
○ That the geographical area chosen for the pilot study is adequate for the future generalization of the study in the rest of the territory of the Balearic Islands
○ That the analysis includes the educational and organizational practices implemented in the Balearic Islands around globally active methodologies
○ Collection and analysis of evidence-based information
○ Emphasis on problem solving and knowledge construction aimed at the design, development and evaluation of the educational process
○ Intensive collaboration between researchers and professionals in practice
○ In all the actions that derive from this project, the gender perspective will be taken into account as a transversal tool of analysis.
○ All actions carried out will be aimed at making proposals for improvement